[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69820] History for run_unipost to work with NO Leap Year configuration.

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 1 08:54:05 MST 2014

Dear WRF Help,

Hi.
I'm postprocessing my WRF climate model outputs which are from 10-year
simulation from one initialization time.
While I'm executing run_unipost,
the run_unipost stopped at + NEWDATE=1872022900 which seems to be a leap
year and the run_unipost is looking for the wrf output file for the Feb. 29
in the leap year.
However, my WRF climate simulation is downscaling the CCSM4 CMIP5/PMIP3
simulation with NO Leap Year setting.

I wonder if the UPP (run_unipost) can be tweaked to avoid this halt with no
leap year cases.
I tried to avoid this issue by using a fake initialization time in the
run_unipost but in vain. It seems that run_unipost actually refers to the
"SIMULATION_START_DATE" record from the wrfout file so that the discrepancy
between the fake initialization date and the SIMULATION_START_DATE make the
code stop running.

Please let me know how I can pass over the leap years with no problem.
Thank you.

Regards,

Jinwoong Yoo
UNM