[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #61470] History for Problem with Point-Stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 22 13:24:25 MDT 2013

I am running Point-Stat on a GFS GRIB2 forecast file (global 0.5 deg res) and PrepBUFR/MADIS point observations data sets (two separate sets of netcdf point ob files) for a domain in S. California. The log file has no ERROR or WARNING and shows that forecast levels are found for my variables/levels. Also shows the forecast and observations files are being accessed. My scoring area is specified by a .poly text file and this shows as the "Region" in the log file. For some reason, all the processing steps show 0 pairs as follows:

Processing RH/P910-875 versus RH/P910-875, for observation type ADPUPA, over region LAX_P_d01, for interpolation method DW_MEAN(4), using 0 pairs.

I've attached my config file, the log file and the .poly file. Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve the problem? The forecast file is about 50MB which I could upload if you want, but it is a standard GFS GRIB2 file.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

R/
John