[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #60694] History for Grid-Stat output question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 20 11:53:45 MDT 2013

I have generated the CNT output file from a run where the forecast grid contained UGRD and VGRD but no WIND or WDIR data. The gridded observation data contained UGRD, VGRD, WIND and WDIR data.

My config file specified the fields to be verified as: UGRD, VGRD and WIND.

How are the error stats contained in the CNT file for WIND calculated since there are no forecast grid values for WIND from which to generate a matched pair difference?

If I were to specify an additional field to be verified as WDIR, would the CNT error stats for WDIR be similarly calculated? Is so, how would they be calculated?

Thanks.

R/