[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #62086] History for point_stat 0 rutime problem on slave nodes

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 27 10:38:05 MDT 2013

We have a cluster with 16 slave nodes, and point_stat runs nicely on master node. However, it does not run on any of the slave nodes. The problem is that point_stat can start, and then just hangs (does not stop) there. Linux  "top" command shows that it is running, but simply hangs there.

The first several log file on screen show that the GRIB1 file has been opened, but it is trying to open NETCDF file.

Also, stat_analysis run nicely on slave nodes.   I know that point_stat uses a /tmp as its temporary working folder, is there any possible reasons that makes netcdf (obs files) unopenable?

Your suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks!

Fuquan