[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #62047] History for Installing MET 4.1 on MAC OSX Mlion and I am getting old error from past posts

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 16 15:59:40 MDT 2013

Hi I am installing MET 4.1 on MAC OSX Mlion and I am getting the old error from past posts. I am using gcc47 with gfortran from Macports so everything should be seamless. But  make script stops with the error:
" ld: library not found for -lcrt0.o"

I see that someone asked about this error several years ago. How was this resolved? I see that they were told to "go look at google for an answere…" but nothing shows up on Google about this library. Have others successfully installed MET on an Apple Mac with gnu compilers? Did they run into this error?

Moreover, have the developers even tried installing this on a Mac?

-Erik Noble

[1730Jul07][eunoble at Eriks-iMac] METv4.1 $ make

*** Making the Model Evaluation Tools Project ***

*** Finished Making the vx_log Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_cal Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_math Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_util Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_config Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_grid Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_nc_util Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_data2d Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_data2d_grib Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_data2d_grib2 Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_data2d_nc_met Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_data2d_nccf Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_data2d_nc_pinterp Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_data2d_factory Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_gsl_prob Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_gnomon Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_geodesy Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_nav Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_pb_util Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_afm Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_ps Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_color Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_pxm Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_render Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_plot_util Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_shapedata Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_statistics Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_stat_out Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_analysis_util Library ***

*** Finished Making the vx_tc_util Library ***

/opt/local/bin/g++ -o grid_stat grid_stat.cc grid_stat_conf_info.o \
-Wall -Wshadow -static  -DBLOCK4  -DWITH_GRIB2 -DMET_BASE=\"/Users/eunoble/work_software_and_post_processing/METv4.1\" \
-I/Users/eunoble/work_software_and_post_processing/METv4.1/include -I/Users/eunoble/local/include -I/opt/local/include /opt/local/include \
-L/Users/eunoble/work_software_and_post_processing/METv4.1/lib -L/Users/eunoble/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib /opt/local/lib \
-lvx_stat_out \
-lvx_statistics \
-lvx_shapedata \
-lvx_gsl_prob \
-lvx_analysis_util \
-lvx_data2d_factory \
-lvx_data2d_nc_met \
-lvx_data2d_grib -lvx_data2d_grib2 -lgrib2c -ljasper -lpng -lz \
-lvx_data2d_nc_pinterp \
-lvx_data2d_nccf \
-lvx_data2d \
-lvx_nc_util \
-lvx_grid \
-lvx_config \
-lvx_cal \
-lvx_util \
-lvx_math \
-lvx_color \
-lvx_log \
-lm -lnetcdf_c++ -lnetcdf -lgsl -lgslcblas \
ld: library not found for -lcrt0.o
make[4]: *** [grid_stat] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2