[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #60973] History for About the range of copygb

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 17 10:21:53 MDT 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

Sorry to bother you, but I am learning to use the copygb.exe recently, and have met a problem.

If my domain is set to the configuration below in HWRF
 e_we              = 200,
 e_sn              = 350,
 geog_data_res     = '2m'
 dx = 0.18,
 dy = 0.18,
 map_proj = 'rotated_ll',
 ref_lat   =  30,
 ref_lon   = -77,

And I use UPP and copygb.exe to convert the wrfout_d01 into E-grid file wrfprs_d01.000. There was no error coming out during the whole processes.

But when I tried to draw the plots or using ncl_convert2nc to convert the grb file. I'll got strange value of longitude and latitude from the corner that is over 1e+12.

I checked the hwrf processes and rerun the whole processes with only change the ref_lat setting to 40, so that the corner of the domain are all positive and this time found the longitude and latitude to be normal.

So I'm wondering if this is the copygb's problem that can not process the data around the Equator.

The UPP and copygb.exe are downloaded with the official HWRF version 3.4. And the run_unipost script to process the transform.

Thanks,
Xu