[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #56376] History for MetNcFile::data(NcVar *, const LongArray &, WrfData &) const -> star found in bad slot

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri May 11 07:24:37 MDT 2012

MET-Help,

While trying to compare some netcdf files with met 3.0.1, I get

“MetNcFile::data(NcVar *, const LongArray &, WrfData &) const ->  star found in bad slot”

Any thoughts on addressing it?  So far, I’m seeing it comes up in vx_gdata/met_file.cc when looking for the asterisks in the specification of a variable to verify in the config file, e.g. “fcst_field[] = [ "APCPOL(*,*,0)" ];” in GridStatConfig.  I might need to recreate my netcdf file with swapped dimensions (here they’re z,y,x), and am looking into the code a bit more to see if that – or something else – might be it.  Maybe you'll tell me what you think is going on before I get there...

Thanks,
Mike