[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #55783] History for Fwd: problems running MODE v3.1

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 24 12:25:01 MDT 2012

I'm trying to run mode from the version 3.1 MET package.  I have to convert
some HDF files to netCDF first.  I do that, then attempt to run MODE using
a command like

bin/mode pcp_6hr_ARW_cn.netacc06_108000.01 pcp_6hr_OBS.netacc06_108000.01
MODE_config_6hr -outdir MODE_output

However, I get this output/error:
DEBUG 1: Default Config File:
/home/jdduda/METv3.1/data/config/MODEConfig_default
DEBUG 1: Match Config File: MODE_config_6hr
DEBUG 1: Merge Config File: MODE_config_6hr
DEBUG 1: Forecast File: pcp_6hr_ARW_cn.netacc06_108000.01
DEBUG 1: Observation File: pcp_6hr_OBS.netacc06_108000.01
NetCDF: Attribute not found

The config file is attached.
Here is the output from ncdump -h on the forecast and observed data sets:

-*FCST*
[jdduda at sooner2 METv3.1]$ ncdump -h pcp_6hr_ARW_cn.netacc06_108000.01
netcdf pcp_6hr_ARW_cn.netacc06_108000 {
dimensions:
        x = 1163 ;
        y = 723 ;
        z = 1 ;
variables:
        float acc06_(z, y, x) ;
                acc06_:standard_name = "acc06_" ;
                acc06_:long_name = "acc06_" ;
                acc06_:units = "mm" ;
}

-*OBS*
[jdduda at sooner2 METv3.1]$ ncdump -h pcp_6hr_OBS.netacc06_108000.01
netcdf pcp_6hr_OBS.netacc06_108000 {
dimensions:
        x = 1163 ;
        y = 723 ;