[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #55737] History for Problem with point stat tool

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 6 13:21:02 MDT 2012

***Dear all,

I received the following error message while running the point_stat tool:-*

[term at term METv3.1]# bin/point_stat ../input/eth_for.nc
../input/eth_obs.nc../input/PointStatConfig_ethiopia -outdir ../output
-v 2
DEBUG 1: Default Config File:
/home/term/MET/METv3.1/data/config/PointStatConfig_default
DEBUG 1: User Config File: ../input/PointStatConfig_ethiopia
ERROR  :
ERROR  : PointStatConfInfo::process_config() -> When the forecast file is
not GRIB1, "obs_field" cannot be blank.  You must specify the verifying
observations following the GRIB1 convention.
ERROR  :

*The observation file (eth_obs.nc) was generated using the ASCII2NC tool,
while the forecast file (eth_for.nc) was generated using the PCP-combine
tool.

Attached here with, please find the pointstat config file.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance,
Endalk*

Endalkachew Bekele
NOAA Climate Prediction Center / African Desk
5200 Auth Road, Rm 811, Camp Springs, MD 20746, USA
Tel: (301) 763 8000 Ext. 7014
e-mail: endalkachew.bekele at noaa.gov