[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #46779] History for Mode Analysis Properties

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue May 24 11:30:06 MDT 2011

I have been using the MET software for the past few months and building case studies that use the mode analysis tool from MET.  Currently, I am trying to build a study that tracks wind speed as it changes over the forecast hours.  I was wondering how you would go about creating objects that look at the wind speed and using the mode analysis to plot the forecast and observation objects.  Do I type in something that denotes the u and v components of the wind or do I have to create the total calculated wind speed in the GRIB file prior to running the mode analysis tool?  Can tracking wind speed even be done with mode analysis?

Thank you for your help.