[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #46965] History for Problem with Point-Stat (UNCLASSIFIED)

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon May 23 11:41:08 MDT 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I have run into a problem while trying to run Point-Stat on NAM data
received from the CISL archive data site.

I am running METV3.0 and am trying to use the optional argument -fcst_lead
because the NAM file contains all forecast lead times in one large file.

When I run Point-Stat, it has the following error:

timestring_to_sec(const char *) -> can't parse time string "20090326_000000"

I've attached the script I use to run Point-Stat, the log file which show
the error, and a sample of the 2GB NAM file.

I can't figure out what is needed to resolve this and wondered if you could
help me out.

Thanks.

R/
John