[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #42721] History for Re: threshold values

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:44:36 MST 2011

Hello.

Another threshold question...sorta.

It looks like when I threshold a mask for "just compare where obs values are greater than 0 for precip" and compare to two forecast field cases, MET only uses pairs where both the forecast and the obs are >0, so I have different TOTAL counts of pairs for the two cases, even though I would like to compare to the same number of obs each time.  This is the case whether or not the forecast threshold is set, of course.

How can can I compare to the exact same obs grid points in MET2, whether or not forecast values are "0"?

Thanks,
Mike