[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #44250] History for Averaging question

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 9 16:18:54 MST 2011

Hello John-

I hope this email finds you well.  I have a quick question regarding the
PCP-Combine tool in the MET software.

We are trying to take 50 gridded files and average them into a single
file.  The PCP-Combine tool sums, averages and subtracts.  Is there a
quick and dirty way we could get it to do an average?

Also, to elaborate on these 50 files...each file stores 365 days of
global maximum temperature obs.  So basically what we are trying to do
is create one gridded file with a 50-year average of the maximum
temperature for each day of the year.

We are considering writing our own script for this, but just wanted to
see if there was an easier way to do this through MET before we go down
that road.

Thanks!

Holly