[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #47895] History for "Better" interpolation...

RAL HelpDesk {for Tressa Fowler} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 1 15:13:07 MDT 2011

I would like to ask for advice, if possible.

I run wrf model on italy domain.
Italy, as we know, has very complicated orography and there are many points
that are both near the sea or mountains (or both).
So, in your opinion, what could be the *"best**" interpolation* to use?
For example LS_FIT or DW_MEAN? How square? 2x2, 3x3 and so on ...?
Or it is better not to interpolate (W=1), and take the grid point closest to
the point of observation?

Thank you very much,
Fabio.