[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #46062] History for Re:PCP_COMBINE

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 19 08:54:26 MDT 2011

Dear Sir/ Madam,

The forecast data which I would like to verify contains accumulated
precipitation data at six hourly intervals upto 72 hours. For example if the
the initial date is 24 December 2008 the forecast is upto 27 December 2008. If
I wish to verify the accumulated precipitaion for the period 25 to 26 December,
this means I am verifiying the 24 accumulated precipitaion for the 48 hour
forecast. I used pcp_combine to subtract the 24 hour from the 48 hour to get
the 24 hour accumulation from the 25-26 December. Then I verified with the 26
December observations, Is this method correct?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kumar

MMD WebMail