[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #40986] History for application of MODE to satellite data

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 23 13:43:46 MDT 2010

I am very interested in applying MET, and especially MODE to the cloud water path field, as well as brightness temperature in satellite imagery during the analysis period of an observing system simulation experiment.  My question revolves around the initial conversion of the WRF output data to grib1 format.  Are cloud properties such as cloud water path (liquid and ice water path also) and cloud top pressure able to be converted to grib format?  I haven't had any luck finding whether or not they are already supported grib fields in the wrf post processor.  I'm sorry if this is not a question that should be directed to this help line, so if you are aware of someone who might be able to further help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan Hartung