[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #41012] History for Run grid_stat faster

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 21 13:27:58 MDT 2010

I am not sure whether to send this to you or to the met help desk. Let me know if I should email */met_help at ucar.edu instead./*

It is taking a really long time (e.g, ~2-3 minutes per day of data) to run grid_stat.  (I have to run 10 years! of data that I need to run through grid_stat.) Is there some parameter in my config file that I can change to make grid_stat run faster? Or perhaps the CNRFC poly line I am using (see attached) causing grid_stat to run slowly?  I am attaching my config file and CNRFC poly line with this with this email.  At this point the output I am looking for is counts of hits, misses, false alarms (CTC tables), stats (CTS tables), and matched pairs if that is possible.

Thanks,
Ellen