[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #41699] History for mask_poly?

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 29 13:25:08 MDT 2010

Good morning John,

Thanks a lot for the kind information about GDAS. These data at ds377 does work for me.

Now I have another question.

(1) How can I define mask_polys for the area I am interested?  And once I define this new mask_poly, do I need to use it for all programs ( pb2nc, point_stat, etc?)  for the same case?

(2) if I use mak_polys in config files, then mask_grids will automatically become invalid?

Thanks a lot!

Ming