[Met_help] mask_id, CONUS.stations (or something like it - format)

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Fri May 14 14:10:07 MDT 2010

Mike,

When you run Point-Stat, I'd suggest using the "-v 2" option which should print to the screen how many matched pairs it found.  I'm guessing it found 0 matched pairs since you saw no output.

There are many reasons why you may be getting 0 matched pairs, but it'd probably be fastest and easiest if you just send me a sample forecast file, a sample observation file, and the Point-Stat config
file you're using.  I could probably figure out what's going on.

If you'd like to do that, you could post it to our anonymous ftp site:

   ftp ftp.rap.ucar.edu/incoming/irap/met_help
   username=anonymous
   password="your email address"
   mkdir shaw_data
   cd shaw_data
   put "your files"
   bye

If you do send files, just let me know when they're posted.