[Met_help] MET installation error

Paul Oldenburg pgoldenb at ucar.edu
Mon May 3 09:56:24 MDT 2010

Hashmi,

We suspect that you may have not compiled BUFRLIB correctly.  You should follow
the compilation instructions on the MET Online Tutorial as closely as possible:

http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/compilation/index.php

Did you use the following commands to build BUFRLIB?  We were able to reproduce
the errors you reported by leaving the *.F off of the fourth command on this list.

cd /home/hashmi/Desktop/BUFRLIB
rm *.o *.a
gcc -c -DUNDERSCORE *.c
gfortran -c -DUNDERSCORE -fno-second-underscore *.f *.F
ar crv libbufr.a *.o

You should use gcc to compile BUFRLIB and g++ to compile MET, as the Online
Tutorial suggests.  Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Paul