[Met_help] AFWA grib codes in METv2

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Mar 19 09:10:47 MDT 2010

Mike,

Thanks for sending along the details.  I actually won't be able to take a
look at this until next week.  I've been out of the office all week while
my son recovers from a burst appendix.  But it's looking like I should be
back on Monday.

Here's some details on where you'd make code changes:

For GRIB parameter table versions, you make changes to:
   METv2.0/lib/vx_grib_classes/grib_strings.h and .cc

For the time range indicators, look at the read_pds function in:
   METv2.0/lib/vx_met_util/read_grib.cc

If you do make changes to get MET working they way you need, please pass
the changes back to us.  We'll take a look and consider them for inclusion
in the next release.

Also, I do want to mention that you can tell MET to use particular record
numbers.  For example, "TMP/R123" tells MET to use the temperature
information in GRIB record number 123.