[Met_help] AFWA grib codes in METv2

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Mar 18 20:29:21 MDT 2010

Mike,

Below is an excerpt from the Point-Stat configuration file.  When you run
the MET tools you can specify the GRIB parameter table version number to
use.  The default is 2:

//
// Specify the GRIB Table 2 parameter table version number to be used
// for interpreting GRIB codes.
// http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/table2.html
//
grib_ptv = 2;

I believe the GRIB codes for numbers 1 through 127 are pre-defined and
common to all tables.  However the usage for codes 128 through 255 can
vary by center.  We've only implemented the table versions listed on the
website in the comment above because that's all we were aware of.

However, if those parameter table versions don't match what AFWA uses,
we'd be happy to add the AFWA table as well.  We'd just need a table
listing the information for each GRIB code that's listed at that website.

Please take a look at the existing tables and let us know if you have an
additional table you'd like added to the software.  It'd wouldn't take
very long.

met_help at ucar.edu