[Met_help] Regarding MET2.0 installation in IBM-AIX

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:29:07 MST 2010

Krishna,

One thing to note when compiling MET on an IBM is that the Makefiles are set up to use the GNU Make utility.  It's likely that the version of "make" on your IBM is NOT the GNU Make that MET requires.
  Instead in order to compile on our IBM here, I have to use "gmake" which is GNU Make.  So I compile MET as:
   gmake >& make_met.log

Try to check if you have gmake available on your machine.  If not, ask a systems administrator how you can access it.

Actually, I've been in touch recently with someone else from IIT Delhi.  A.J. Litta (littaaj at gmail.com) has been trying to compile MET on an IBM as well.  Perhaps you're trying compile it on the same
machine.

met_help at ucar.edu