[Met_help] METv2 Installation Problem

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:19:29 MST 2010

Keyur,

It looks like the compiler is having problems with the include files.  Every once in a while, we get an email from a user with these types of problems.  Basically, it means that you'll need to edit
some of the MET source files and add in some more include files.  MET compiles fine on most of the machines, but sometimes the include files are set up slightly differently.  Am I'm not exactly sure why.

Here's what I'd suggest doing...
(1) The error you're seeing is coming from: "METv2.0/lib/vx_cal/time_strings.cc", and it can't find the definition for the "sprintf" function.
(2) Go into the include directory for your compiler and locate the file containing "sprintf".  Something like this:
   grep sprintf /usr/include/*.h
(3) It will likely be located in a file named "stdio.h".  So edit the file "METv2.0/lib/vx_cal/time_strings.cc" by adding this line to the include section:
   #include <stdio.h>
(4) Try recompiling.

It's likely that you'll find more similar types of problems.  Just go through the same process to add more include files.  As you go through, please keep a list of the changes you had to make to get
it to compile.

I really apologize for this inconvenience.  Hopefully, we can resolve these include file issues for the next release.  Please send me the list of changes you had to make, and I'll be sure to add them
in to the development version of the code.

met_help at ucar.edu