[Met_help] pb2nc error

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 1 14:28:01 MST 2010

Mike,

Yes, I have compiled MET with PGI on a Linux machine running 64-bit Debian OS.  I'm using PGI version 8.0-5.  You can type "pgCC --version" to see what version number of PGI you're using.

[johnhg at schroeder]% pgCC --version
pgCC 8.0-5 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp penryn-64

I'm able to compile MET without error and run the test scripts without any runtime problems.  Be sure to start with the file "Makefile_pgi"... create a copy of it, and then configure it to point to
your local libraries.

If you run into any compilation problems, please send me your Makefile and a log file showing the output when you type "make".

Thanks and good luck,
John