[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #38306] History for grib record larger than buffer size

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 7 11:39:43 MDT 2010

I am trying to use MODE to verify 6hr precipitation from a 4km CONUS
scale model against 4km precipitation observations.  When doing so, I
often get an error stating that the grib record is larger than the
buffer size and telling me what to increase the buffer size to (example
below).  Is this something specific to my machine or is this a
limitation within MET?  If this is a limitation within MET, is there
anyway around this other than to conduct the verification over a smaller
domain?

Thanks!
Faye

Forecast File:
/export/lnx363/fbarthold/test_mode_cron_new/temp_test/SPCWRF4_2010060212f012.grb
Observation File:
/export/lnx363/fbarthold/test_mode_cron_new/temp_test/ST4_valid201006030000_06h_spcwrf.grb
Match Config File:
/export/lnx363/fbarthold/test_mode_cron_new/config/SPCWRF4/DailyQPF_qrtr_springex
Merge Config File:
/export/lnx363/fbarthold/test_mode_cron_new/config/SPCWRF4/DailyQPF_qrtr_springex

  GribFile::read_record(GribRecord &) -> found a grib record larger than
the buffer size.

  Increase the buffer to at least 2211954 bytes.