[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #38969] History for grib file conversion question

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 2 10:45:51 MDT 2010

This is a big issue I am having that is indirectly related to MET.  Since you guys have been so useful with the past issues I have had with MET itself, I thought I would pass this along and try my luck since I'm at a loss of what to do.  I have compiled and am attempting to use the WPP to convert WRF-ARW netcdf to grib1 format.  My observations stem from a "truth" wrf simulation at 6km resolution.  I wrote a fortran program to coarsen the data to 18km and checked both netcdf files in matlab to make sure that variable names and values seemed reasonable.  However, when I use the identical wrf_control.parm file in the run_wrfpost program in WPP, it is not able to read any of the data in the coarsened netcdf file but has no issue with the original 6km resolution file.  I have absolutely no idea where to turn to try and resolve this issue or find where it stems from.  All of my 18km assimilation runs have converted just fine with the same control file.  Any ideas you might have w!
 ould really help me out.. or even pointing me to someone who might have a better idea.

Thanks,
Dan