[Met_help] About MET v2.0 installation

Paul Oldenburg pgoldenb at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 22 14:24:45 MST 2010

Yonghan,

First of all, I'm not a doctor, just a lowly engineer.  I'm sorry to disappoint you!

I'd suggest that he try rebuilding NetCDF using the instructions listed here:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/compilation/req_libs.php

Specifically, since you are using GNU, you will need to compile NetCDF with
something like this:

setenv CC /path/to/gcc
setenv CXX /path/to/g++
setenv FC ''
setenv F90 ''
./configure --prefix=/NetCDF/install/directory
make
make install

Those FC and F90 settings just disable the compilation of the Fortran NetCDF
interface which MET doesn't use.  Please let us know if you have any further
problems.

Thanks,

Paul Oldenburg