[Met_help] Point data

Tressa Fowler tressa at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 17 16:31:45 MST 2010

Joe,

Though you can make MET work with your data as John suggested, it is
not designed for this problem. May I suggest use of an alternate,
probably more appropriate, tool?

The R statistics software (free from r-project.org) has a package
called 'verification'. This package was also developed by NCAR staff.
It makes verifying sets of point forecasts and observations very easy,
even producing appropriate graphics by default. You will have to
download and install R first, then from within R you can get the
verification package and its documentation.

Good luck with your verification, which ever way you decide to proceed.

Regards,

Tressa

Tressa L. Fowler
tressa at ucar.edu