[Met_help] recent bugfixes

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Oct 22 16:42:29 MDT 2009

MET Folks,

I wanted to let you know that I posted a few new bugfixes for METv2.0
today.  These are as a result of some nan's that were produced in running
MET on some QNSE data for the upcoming QNSE test.

The bug fixes are in:
- METv2.0/lib/vx_met_util/met_stats.cc
- METv2.0/lib/vx_met_util/compute_ci.cc
- METv2.0/src/grid_stat/grid_stat.cc

The changes in the vx_met_util library just do more error checking to make
sure we're not dividing by zero or taking the square root of a negative
number.

The bugfix in Grid-Stat is a cut-and-paste error.  We were using
"i_nbrcnt" where we should have been using "i_nbrcts" and "i_nbrctc".

I've updated the website with the bugfixes, commited them to the SVN
repository, and I've updated the METv2.0 build on pigpen in
/pd6/score/MET/MET_releases/METv2.0.