[Met_help] How to specify the surface variable in thepoint_stat?

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Jun 30 15:14:12 MDT 2009

Kefeng,

It's no problem at all.  I'm happy to help.

I ran your data exactly as you sent it through my version of METv2.0, and
it did not produce the segmentation fault you're seeing.

I noticed though that in the PointStatConfig file you sent, you're using
"TMP/Z0", but in the error message you sent it lists "TMP/L0".  When I
changed the config file to use "TMP/L0", I do see the segmentation fault
you're seeing.

I'll look into what's causing that seg-fault tomorrow.  In the meantime,
stick with using "TMP/Z0".  However, when using "TMP/Z0" you'll notice
that you get 0 matched pairs for MSONET.  The reason for that is how
matching is done in the vertical for surface variables which I explained
in a previous email.  I've cut-and-pasted that info below.