[Met_help] help for installing METv2.0

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Jun 26 07:21:26 MDT 2009

Grimaw,

The current problem is with NetCDF.  I still think that the version of NetCDF you're linking to wasn't built with the PGI compilers.

Please try to rebuild NetCDF and rebuild MET with the following commands.

Rebuild NetCDF:
> csh
> cd /home/wseta/netcdf-3.6.3
> make clean
> setenv CC /home/wseta/opt/pgi/linux86/7.0-2/bin/pgcc
> setenv CXX /home/wseta/opt/pgi/linux86/7.0-2/bin/pgCC
> setenv FC ""
> setenv F90 ""
> ./configure --prefix=/home/wseta/netcdf-3.6.3
> make
> make install

And now try rebuilding MET.  Please let me know how it goes now.  If you get another error, please resend your current "Makefile" and the file "make_met.log".

Good luck.

John