[Met_help] help for installing METv2.0

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Jun 25 14:34:42 MDT 2009

Girmaw,

Let's try sticking with the PGI compilers and debugging those.  MET has
been built with PGI many times, while support for the Intel compilers is
rather new.  Also, I notice in the error message you sent that the
compiler being used is "/usr/lib/ccache/c++".  The Intel compilers I'm
familiar with are named ifort (fortran compiler) and icc (C++ compiler).

Please try building MET with PGI by doing the following:
(1) Set up the top-level MET Makefile to compile MET using the PGI compilers.
(2) Execute a "make clean".
(3) Try building MET with: "make >& make_met.log&"
(4) Send me 2 files, the top-level MET "Makefile" and the output log file
"make_met.log".

Hopefully those 2 files will help me understand the problem.

I don't know if this is feasible or not, but I'd be happy to try to log on
to your system remotely, debug the issue, and build MET.  But I don't know
if your security would allow that remote access.  If so, I'd need to know
a machine name, username, and password to log on remotely.

I'll look for those 2 files.

johnhg at ucar.edu