[Met_help] WRF-BUFRLIB

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Sat Jul 18 09:18:44 MDT 2009

Randhir,

Can you tell me, are you compiling MET on a 64-bit operating system?  If
so, you may have these run-time problems with BUFRLIB.

But first, please try the following:
- Open up the top-level Makefile in the METv2.0 directory, and look at the
line for "ARCH_FLAGS".
- If it contains "-DBLOCK4" comment it out by putting a '#' in front of it.
- But if it already has "-DBLOCK4" commented out, then un-comment it by
removing the '#'.
- Then rebuild MET, by doing a "make clean" followed by a "make".

Next, go into the "scripts" directory, and try running the "test_pb2nc.sh"
test script and see if you still get the same error.

If so, please write me back with the name of the operating system you're
using and the compiler name and version numbers.  Using BUFRLIB on 64-bit
machines has been problematic, making for problems with the PB2NC tool.
If you have access to a 32-bit machine, BUFRLIB would work a lot better on
it.