[Met_help] Met compile error

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Jul 16 08:06:38 MDT 2009

Priyanka,

I tried compiling GSL using the PGI compiler (pgcc) this morning, and it worked without any problems.  Looking at the error message, I'm guessing you may not have cleaned out the library completely
before rebuilding with PGI.

I'd suggest starting from scratch.  Remove the whole GSL directory, and start over with the tarball.  For example, here's the commands I used to build it with PGI, using the C-shell:

tar -xvzf gsl-1.11.tar.gz
cd gsl-1.11
setenv CC /tools/pgi/bin/pgcc
./configure --prefix=`pwd`  (you can use prefix to define the directory in which you'd like it installed)
make
make install

Let me know if you continue to experience problems.

John