[Met_help] adding a new data source

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Jul 15 14:49:37 MDT 2009

Hey Joe,

I wanted to let you know that I got some good answers to my questions from
the Iberdrola folks.  I'm pretty busy this week and next with the MET
tutorial (part of the WRF tutorial) and a few other tasks.

One thing I did notice about the observations is that we have the station
ID name, but are missing the lat/lon and elevation for the station.  When
reformatting these observations for use in MET, you'll need to retrieve
the lat/lon and elevation for each station from some other file or lookup
table.

I'll take a closer look at your data when I get a chance.  You sent me
some sample observations, but could you also send me a sample forecast
file you'd like to verify?  I want to see what the vertical levels look
like for your forecasts.