[Met_help] Memory problems with MET

Thomas Schwitalla Thomas.Schwitalla at uni-hohenheim.de
Wed Jul 1 07:05:02 MDT 2009

John,

I tried to run ascii2nc with an ascii file of  25MB size and ~350000
observations (t2m,td2m,u,v) but I am running out of memory on our 8GB
memory computers. What can be the reason for such a huge memory need?

Thomas

*Thomas Schwitalla                      *
*Institute of Physics and Meteorology   *
*University of Hohenheim                *
*Garbenstrasse 30                       *
*70599 Stuttgart                        *
*Germany                                *
*Tel.: +49 711 459 22154                *