[Met_help] vsdb analysis in v2 beta

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Feb 20 11:41:51 MST 2009

Jonahtan,

Yes, that's correct.  We've stopped using the term "VSDB" since it means a very specific ASCII format for NCEP.  We found that we couldn't fit all of the data we were trying to output into the VSDB
format.  So we dropped VSDB and are instead calling them "STAT" files.  It's still a tabular ASCII format, like VSDB, we've just added more columns to it.  So the output files of Point-Stat,
Grid-Stat, and Wavelet-Stat now end in ".stat" instead of ".vsdb", and the VSDB-Analysis tool has been renamed to the STAT-Analysis tool.

John