[Met_help] VSDBAnalysis problem (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Feb 5 16:38:16 MST 2009

Barb,

The VSDB-Analysis tool reads files ending in ".vsdb".  It looks in the path or filename you specified with the "-lookin" command line argument for those ".vsdb" files.

I believe that this error message is telling you that it can't determine the line type for one of the lines in the ".vsdb" files it's reading.  That may be because the file was "corrupted" in some
way.  Perhaps data was accidentally added or removed from it... or something like that.

Please try the following, rerun your "VSDB_T.sh" script, but add in the argument "-v 3".  That'll generate more log messages for you.  In particular, it'll tell you which file it was processing when
it ran into this error.  Then look in that VSDB file to see if anything looks funny.

If you can't find anything wrong with it, please me a copy of it, and I'll take a look at it to see why you're getting that error message.