[Met_help] MET/pcp_combine help

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Dec 18 14:45:21 MST 2009

Jeff,

Well I'd first check to see what's actually in that GRIB file using the
"wgrib" command.  For example, try this:
wgrib WRFPRS_d02.012_00 | grep APCP

That'll dump out the contents of that GRIB file, looking only for the APCP
records (accumulated precip).  Look to see if that file really does
contain a record for 0-12 hour accumulated precip.

If you have more questions about this, it'd probably be easier for you to
just send me some sample data to take a look at.  If you'd like to do
that, you could post it to our anonymous ftp site in the following way:

cd "the directory that contains the files you want to send"
ftp ftp.rap.ucar.edu
username = anonymous
password = "your email address"
cd incoming/irap/met_help