[Met_help] PB2NC Error

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Sep 18 11:37:18 MDT 2008

Neil,

I did try running one of the BUFR files through PB2NC in a debugger.  While it ran without any errors (other than the one you encountered), it wasn't reading the messages properly.

Presumably, we could extend PB2NC to read both PREPBUFR and BUFR files.  But currently, the capability isn't there.  I've added it to the list of capabilities to be considered for the next release of
MET in 2/2009.  PREPBUFR data going back a long time is archived at NCEP, but to my knowledge there isn't a publicly available archive going back any further than 4/2008.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

John