[Met_help] WRF utility

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Sep 5 14:53:07 MDT 2008

Mike,

Good news.  Here's what I heard back from the WRF-Help support person for WPP:

Please tell this user that there is a run_wrfpost_frames script that will
perform the unstaggering and output to grib format directly (he does not
need to separate out those files). It takes a wrfout file with multiple
"frames" (forecast times written to the file) and works on it.  This
script is available in version 3.0+ in the scripts directory.  Hopefully
he is using the latest version (3.0.1) anyway.

Hopefully that'll do the trick for you.

John