[Met_help] More data interpolation problems

Masters.Steve masters.steve at ensco.com
Fri Oct 24 06:32:39 MDT 2008

The fix that you recently posted appears to have fixed the wind
rotation/interpolation problem for upper air data.  However, I am still
getting erroneous WRF winds when trying to verify surface observations.
I've attached at tar file that illustrates the problem.  This job was
run using the same WRF run that I used last week when describing the
problem with the upper air data.   The WRF winds appear to be much too
strong, and do not match the 10 m AGL winds that I get when I use grads
to examine the data.

Interestingly, the UGRD and VGRD/Z10 winds that come from the point_stat
program seem to closely match the 10 hPa winds I pull using grads.  It
seems like my variable/level specification is not being interpreted
correctly.

Steve Masters  masters.steve at ensco.com
ENSCO, Inc.
Melbourne, FL

The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the individuals to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged and sensitive. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by email at the above referenced address. Thank you.