[Met_help] problems compiling MET

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Mar 31 15:47:16 MDT 2008

Michael,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  Most of the people who provide support for MET were out of town last week.

Thanks for sending along your Makefile and your log file.  It makes diagnosing the problem a lot easier.

This looks like a pretty simple problem.  The compiler is not able to find the file "gsl/gsl_cdf.h".

In your Makefile, change the following line...
FROM: GSL_INCS = -I/export/lnx274/mbrennan/gsl/include/gsl
TO:   GSL_INCS = -I/export/lnx274/mbrennan/gsl/include

And then do a "make clean" followed by a "make >& make_met.log".

I see why you set GSL_INCS the way you did - the comments in the Makefile are a little misleading.

That should solve that problem.  Please let me know if you run into other issues.

Thanks and sorry again for the delay,
John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu