[Met_help] help request METv1.0

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Mar 7 08:40:31 MST 2008

Arnaldo,

Please refer to the METv1.0 known issues page: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv1.0/METv1.0_known_issues.php

And on that page, please see the issue titled "Compilation Error in the vx_met_util Library".

I'm guessing that will solve this problem.  In fact, I recommend that you perform all of the recommended updates to your build which are listed at the top of the known issues page in the section
titled "Summary of Recommended Updates".

If you encounter compilation problems in the future, please go to the top-level MET directory and do the following:
 > make clean
 > make >& make_met.log

And then attach both the Makefile and the make_met.log file to your met_help email question.  That will help us a lot in debugging the issue.

Regarding your specific question, you really should use the same family of compilers.  For example, compiling libraries with the PGI compilers and then the executables with the GNU compilers will
likely lead to a problem.  So we strongly recommend that you use the same family of compilers.

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway