[Met_help] license problem

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Mar 5 16:34:24 MST 2008

Brian,

I spoke with our legal adviser, Sarah Pritchard, this afternoon regarding this license issue.  After reading through both the GPL and the "MET Terms of Use", she doesn't see a reason why the "MET
Terms of Use" needs to in compliance with the GPL since we don't distribute any of the GSL code itself.  It is the MET users who are actually combining the two when they build the code.

I'd like to refer you to her for further discussions on this issue if possible.  Or perhaps there's someone on the legal side of things with GNU who could discuss this with Sarah.

I've copied Sarah on this message, and here's her email address: sarahp at ucar.edu

Hopefully we can get this all ironed out.

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway