[Met_help] license problem

Brian Gough bjg at gnu.org
Wed Mar 5 05:14:00 MST 2008

At Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:15:37 -0700,
Lacey Holland wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out.  We'll quickly work to correct the problem.
> Could you mention what you noticed that isn't compatible?

The main thing was

  Part 1.  You shall not sell, license or transfer for a fee the Software, or any work that in any manner contains the Software.

whereas under the GPL it must be possible to charge a fee for transferring copies.

I'm not an expert on the legal aspects so if you need more information
I'd have to refer you to the appropriate people at the Free Software
Foundation.

--
Brian Gough

GNU Scientific Library -