[Met_help] Re: Cygwin build of melBUFR

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Jul 31 10:58:18 MDT 2008

John,

My personal machine at home is windows running cygwin.  However, I've only really used it as a gateway to my Linux box at NCAR.  Please do send me the info on melBUFR though.  It really would be nice
to make MET more consistent and remove issue of getting the C and Fortran code to work together.  We could at least explore using melBUFR as an alternative.

I did just receive a support question this morning from another user about getting MET up and running on cygwin.  He's finding that he'll need to modify some of the include files to get it to build.
I'm wondering, would you be willing to tar your version of MET (v1.1 hopefully) that's running under cygwin and send it to me?  I'd like to do diffs for all of the source files to see the changes you
had to make to get it running under cygwin.  Then it'd be easier for this other user to get up and running.

And we include your changes for cygwin in future releases of MET.

FYI - I'll be out of the office on vacation from Monday, August 4 through Wednesday, August 13.

Thanks for your help.

John