[Met_help] error building MET with cygwin/gcc

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Jul 31 10:19:47 MDT 2008

Hello Mike,

MET has not been ported to cygwin yet.  In the past, we haven't heard much interest in running MET via cygwin.  However, I am aware of one other user who successfully built/ran MET on cygwin.
Although he's had problems with the PB2NC - BUFRLIB piece of it.

I would guess that the include files just aren't set up the same way on cygwin as they are on most Linux distributions.  You'd probably need to add some more include files in some of the MET source
files to get it to build.

If you'd like, I could ask the other user who's built MET with cygwin to tar up and send me his built version.  Then we could do a diff for each file to see what changes he's had to make.  Building
MET on a Linux machine would probably be a lot easier, but if you'd like me to pursue the cygwin information, I'd be happy to.

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu