[Met_help] Re: ncmod_gallus script - question (fwd)

wgallus at iastate.edu wgallus at iastate.edu
Wed Jul 30 10:50:11 MDT 2008

John,

This seems to work.  I had to get used to the fact I had to specify "caps"
and not "obs" for the stage 4 data, since it apparently has the same
naming convention as the forecasts.  Thus I used "caps" for both the
forecast and obs (where I previously would have used "fcst" on one and
"obs" on the other).  But, it seems like things worked, doing this.

Sorry to hear you'll be gone much of the time I'm there.  I'll see if I
can think of all issues that will arise beforehand, but I doubt it!  The
most likely areas where I may encounter problems will be with
mode_analysis, since I expect to use it heavily on both the data from my
visit last August, and these new files.

Bill

|   William A. Gallus, Jr.                       |
|   Professor of Meteorology                     |
|   Professor-in-charge, Meteorology Program     |
|   3025 Agronomy                                |
|   Iowa State University                        |
|   515-294-2270                                 |